Double Digits of Adventrageous! Woohoo! We are moving right along. If anyone says "you're almost there!", Misguided Race Spectator-style, they'll get punched in the ear.
Today's Topic : Ten Reasons I Run. I actually keep a running (harhar!) list, in my journal. These are just a handful, in no particular order.
- I run so I can eat ice cream. Every day, if I feel so inclined.
hello, yummy friend!
- I run to make up for all the years I didn't.
Remedying this problem for our future generations by starting the boys out early
- I run so I can later drive down that same stretch of the road and think "I ran that". Weird? Maybe. True? Absolutely.
- I run so I can feel like a real athlete. My lack of grace, skill, strength or natural talent in any other physical arena kinda limits me. It's cool, though, because I can run. I can even run for hours on end! Without passing out or vomiting!
- I run to clear my thoughts. You have no idea what intricate problems I can solve during my runs. Or, more often, what mind-boggling thoughts I can completely tune out during the time I'm smacking my feet on the pavement. Either way, it provides great benefits.
- I run to clear my sinuses. It's true! It's a great cure for a stuffy nose.
- I run for friends and family who want to and can't.
we all know someone's who has been here...or worse
- I run to stay in shape for racing. That may seem like double-dipping, but the two don't always go hand-in-hand. I love running. I love racing. I want to be able to do both for a very long time.
check out that blurry, heel-striking, happy lady!
- I run to show my boys how cool it is to have a hobby or passion that is also good for your health and well-being. Video Gaming just doesn't stand up to running, in those areas.
- I run to maintain my sanity.
Today's share : Just in case I'm not the last person to stumble on this fun read, I thought I'd pass it on. I check it every now and then and get a little creeped out. It's like the contributors read my mind!
Tell me a reason you run :
Not a runner? Why the heck not?